D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

4 posters

Synopsis/Overview of project

MikeyPullman
    MikeyPullman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Synopsis/Overview of project Empty Synopsis/Overview of project

Post  MikeyPullman Wed Nov 11 2009, 13:05

The esteemable Jen Adams and I are currently working on a Documentary about Rape that will be filmed here in Boise early next year. After our meeting with the ever masculine Brian, may his beard never fall out, we are excited to be working within the collaborative efforts of D-Lime Productions.

There will be a series of interviews, from government officials to victims, all handled with the delicacy these people deserve, as well as a few other planned shots for visual effect. The apex of our documentary will be taking place at a planned benefit show (hopefully at the VAC or a similar venue) where local artists will be able to fight against the cultural indifference that rape benefits from in our country.

This is going to be a very powerful piece and I plan to pour my entire heart and soul into it. I am looking for any and all volunteers who are willing to help us turn this into Something That Actually Matters.

Also looking for artists of ALL kinds willing to participate in our benefit show that will hopefully take place in April. I've been involved in benefit shows before as a performer, host, and as an organizer, and every minute of help we can get will only make this better.

Thanks beforehand for all your support
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Synopsis/Overview of project Empty Re: Synopsis/Overview of project

Post  Brian Thu Nov 12 2009, 12:09

MikeyPullman wrote:After our meeting with the ever masculine Brian, may his beard never fall out

Ummm. Thank you? Cool I personally find this a very important piece that is integral to D-Lime's purpose in the community. Here is what we will need to complete the project.

Cam Op - with lighting experience and light kit
    Sound Man - With boom and boom mic
    Field Producer
    Editor - Edit suite
    Graphic Designer
    Production Assistant

How to volunteer, tell us what you want to do and when you can do it. PM Mikey Pullman your contact information and post here.

This project is slated to be completed for premiere by Summer.

Thank you Mikey and Jen for giving us the opportunity to be involved in this. It needs to be made.
    anj
    anj
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  anj Thu Nov 12 2009, 12:35

Brian wrote:
    MikeyPullman wrote:After our meeting with the ever masculine Brian, may his beard never fall out

Ummm. Thank you? Cool I personally find this a very important piece that is integral to D-Lime's purpose in the community. Here is what we will need to complete the project.

Cam Op - with lighting experience and light kit
    Sound Man - With boom and boom mic
    Field Producer
    Editor - Edit suite
    Graphic Designer
    Production Assistant

How to volunteer, tell us what you want to do and when you can do it. PM Mikey Pullman your contact information and post here.

This project is slated to be completed for premiere by Summer.

Thank you Mikey and Jen for giving us the opportunity to be involved in this. It needs to be made.

I'm a graphic designer. I can help in this area or any production/organizing I can also help.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Thu Nov 12 2009, 12:41

Your in Anj, no application needed. If you would like to do the Graphic Design and Field Producing that would be a freakin awesome thing! We will prob have another field producer as well to make it easier.

When we get closer to the time we begin interviews we will give you a crash course of what the job entails. Which is easily in your scope of skills.

Mikey Pullman is the Line Producer for the project due to him coordinating the interviews. But at the next meeting we will invite you so you can be in the loop.

Glad to have you aboard.
    MikeyPullman
    MikeyPullman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  MikeyPullman Thu Nov 12 2009, 13:11

It's good to have you in, Anj, I look forward to working with you.

I would like everybody involved to feel as if they own a piece of this work themselves so that our combined talent, intellect, passion, and vision can make this as good as it can possibly be.
    MikeyPullman
    MikeyPullman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  MikeyPullman Wed Jan 13 2010, 09:15

Since the producer's meeting, Jen and I have had a chance to sit down and go over the film. Here's a quick breakdown of how it looks:

We begin at a comedy venue where Jen and I have a conversation, introducing both of us and our independent story lines. Jen's arc will take her on a journey of self-discovery as she meets with both victims and victims groups, while I'll be taking the more traditional route of exploration into the subject matter. This dual story arc gives us the opportunity to educate and entertain, while my more erudite pursuits can give us a break from the emotional parts of Jen's story. We also have a few events planned, aside from the show we need to record to get Jen's rape material, including a Sexual Assault Poetry slam, to be organized with the local Slam Team (perhaps also with BSU), and ultimately a benefit show.

Now that I have a structure ready, I already have my first interview lined up and we will begin filming shortly.
    Extraordinary Ash
    Extraordinary Ash

Post  Extraordinary Ash Fri Feb 05 2010, 19:16

Should you have anymore room for volunteers, count me in.

I can work production.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content