D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

4 posters

Need Volunteers

SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty Need Volunteers

Post  SamWelkerTV Mon Nov 09 2009, 21:49

Hey, my name is sam. I am making a 20 minute Independent short film. It's genre is horror, Its Rating has to stay pg-13 or under. I have a few friends helping, but what I need is to have a group that will take this seriously. When you look to the left and see I'm 16 don't let it fool you. I know filmography. I am taking this as seriously as possible so if you'd like to help or have access to Things that might be useful please post a response. I will take what I can get. Thank you.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Need Volunteers Empty Re: Need Volunteers

Post  Brian Mon Nov 09 2009, 22:27

SamWelkerTV wrote:Hey, my name is sam. I am making a 20 minute Independent short film. It's genre is horror, Its Rating has to stay pg-13 or under. I have a few friends helping, but what I need is to have a group that will take this seriously. When you look to the left and see I'm 16 don't let it fool you. I know filmography. I am taking this as seriously as possible so if you'd like to help or have access to Things that might be useful please post a response. I will take what I can get. Thank you.

Going to move your post to active projects. And give you your own forum as is the custom round here. When you give us a working title we will change the name of the forum.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Mon Nov 09 2009, 22:37

You may know filmography but you are also a young adult and this is a tough medium to execute. People will be much more attracted to your project if you tell us more about yourself and give us some detail as to your experience.

Things should include,

Clips of previous projects

favorite film and filmmaker (this lets us know where your at)

your filmmaking style

One thing most fail to understand is that there are two marketable cut off points for short films. Under 7 minutes are the easiest to sell and get in festivals. The second cut-off is 11 minutes. If you watch a lot of short films you'll know why. They get pretty tedious if they run any longer then 11 minutes. So when you go about your script remember if it isn't a good and tight story then you may want to trim it down some.
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty More In Depth

Post  SamWelkerTV Tue Nov 10 2009, 15:25

Thanks for the replies. What I'll be needing is a crew and maybe a few more actors. I have been trying to find a ton for quite some time. If things go well I will plan on having a fantastic 10 minute horror film. The more info I put in the more interesting, the faster the pace the better for the genre, and other things like that should help. I am going to take my note book and type up all that info on a document, then i'll paste it here I think. thanks.
    -sam.
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty The Basics of the Film and The Title

Post  SamWelkerTV Tue Nov 10 2009, 20:22

Movie Trailer For Seattle Singers (possible name)
    This is the first thing I wrote and it gives an idea of the movie...
    (side note: in the movie the ending shows that the serial killer is actually the kids choir teacher and the 2 accomplices I will be writing in are his “sons” visiting from “out of town” but I would like to have them be assasins from a foreign smaller country. One a bomb expert and one an arsanist. If you think that's REALLY pushing it just let me know but I think we could pull that off in a 10 minute short.)
    Start: Black screen, you hear screaming, running, gun shots, small explosions.
    Next you hear a gate open, slam, then bushes rustling. Heavy breathing then is heard.
    You see a boy sitting between 2 bushes. He is cut up and and bruised, beat heavily.
    Then you see A man walking up holding a pistol (preferably a glock). He enters a gate and walks over to the boy. The boy asks for him to stop, then begs. The killer says Why would I stop, I'm having too much fun. He starts to chuckle and lift the gun. You hear a shot and the screen goes blank at the same time.

Next you're watching a news segment about a serial killer. Anchorman 1 says, “everyone in the seattle area is adviced to stay in their homes.” anchorman 2 says, “in further news...” (trailing off as if it's not a big deal yet) the camera zooms out showing that this was on a persons tv and he then turns it off, says this is a load of crap, steps out his back door towards his lawn chairs, sits, looks to the side and see's the killer, he yells but is cut off by another gun shot and black screen (keep in mind through out the trailer every gun shot is synchronized with a blank screen). Narrator says When all seems to be ending, the last thing to do is run!” Then you go back to the news station who is showing footage of the killer, “Get ready, Here I come” (his face is pixilated through out the movie when shown. Important to keep his face hidden till the end. Lets find Creative ways as much as possible). Anchorman 1 says, “218 deaths are now on hand. The secretary of defense is calling in the national guard” anchorman 2 says, “This is a warning for your safety, lock all doors and windows and don't leave your home.”

The last part you see is the killer (face still pixilated in trailer, but not in the movie) Yelling up as to helicopters and out as to an army, “Come and get me” (I believe we could portray this with just a few people acting as generals and soldiers) Screen blacks out and you hear hundreds of gun shots and lots of yelling, then you hear a few scream, “retreat” Next is a HUGE explosion and then all noise stops. You hear the chuckle from the start of the trailer when he kills the boy.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Tue Nov 10 2009, 23:39

Okay, the first thing we need to do is organize your thoughts. You need to learn some screenwriting. You have the concept, but you need to tell us in a way that we can see what your seeing.

It doesn't take long. But it is imperitive to know in writing fiction film. Or have a screenwriter translate it for you. But before you go any further I would stop and ask you...

1) Why are you making this film?

2) What are you trying to say with this film?

3) Is the message effectively conveyed?

4) Which demographic are you targeting?

5) Is the message effective to the target demographic?

When you can answer these you are ready to conceptualize your film. A business savy filmmaker/screenwriter will write the script to what resources they have. Do you own a helicopter?
    MaritDW

Need Volunteers Empty I can help if you need it.

Post  MaritDW Wed Nov 11 2009, 09:54

I am good with set design and can act if you want. I also have some resources we can discuss privately. I do not, however, own a helicopter. Also, I do have like your concept and if you are open to suggestions, I would be happy to help with consolidating your ideas as he suggested above. Even, if it is just a sounding board. Also, I may help procure some financing. Call me.

-MaritDW
    geek
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty screen writing.

Post  SamWelkerTV Wed Nov 11 2009, 17:12

Okay I don't need to much help. I have experience with screen writing enough. I also think that this script will be fine. I can't start writing again till next sunday because of drama competitions. =P fun but a ton of stressful work. and Organization is definitely key.
    And we don't need a helicopter, we just need the Illusion.
    (this is a Fix, I actually need all the help i can get i've realized and any help is deeply appreciated.)

Last edited by SamWelkerTV on Sat Nov 14 2009, 09:44; edited 1 time in total
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty UPDATE

Post  SamWelkerTV Sat Nov 14 2009, 09:43

Hey i was pulled from drama competitions so someone else could do it... any way I have been writing and I am about half way done with the Basic script. then I'll write it again, and then a final. I should start casting in about 2 to 4 weeks. If you want to help out with this film I would deeply appreciate it. I am building a portfolio of Films to show to a college or university professor in a film school so he can pull some strings and get me in. Thanks for reading.
    -Sam

Film Titled SEATTLE SINGERS!!!
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty Camera?!

Post  SamWelkerTV Sun Nov 15 2009, 18:48

Hey I have a low budget for a camera, what should I consider? It has to have 16:9 capability and a microphone jack. I would prefer HD. I only have my phone right now and I REALLY don't want to make my movie with that.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Mon Nov 16 2009, 01:14

Whats your budget?
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty Budget

Post  SamWelkerTV Mon Nov 16 2009, 14:52

So far my budget is $0 but I will be earning as much as I can and doing what I need to to earn enough. I don't have a job so it'll be hard but i'll keep trying to get money because I want this film to be an epic one. (not and epic tale, I mean an amazing independent film)
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Wed Nov 18 2009, 18:10

hhmmmm.... well, let me first start out by saying, congrats on all the time and effort you took to getting all the idea's that you had, and getting them here at D-lime! Secondly, I'll say that as someone just kind of starting out in films, I Do know, that good things = good money.... and that can be rough... I would definitely try to find time for at least a couple of day's a week for a job.

Third, I think this is a good idea, i'm just confused a bit as to the kind of motive that these guy's are doing this... I mean, their just going around killing random kids????? No background????

any thoughts???
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty KILLLING

Post  SamWelkerTV Wed Nov 18 2009, 20:13

I actually have a point behind it. and Its kind of lame but We aren't to the end on the script yet... so anyway Its cause this crazed killer loves the sound a voice makes when it can't sing anymore (lyrics) otherwise He likes silence. a lot.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Wed Nov 18 2009, 20:20

SamWelkerTV wrote: otherwise He likes silence. a lot.

Why???
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty Reasoning

Post  SamWelkerTV Thu Nov 19 2009, 14:57

Once again, we haven't come across that point yet. We will be getting to that in writing and such.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Fri Nov 20 2009, 02:13

Should I take down the "20 minute" in the title?
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty Title

Post  SamWelkerTV Fri Nov 20 2009, 23:32

Ya change it to seattle singers if you would. Thanks
    -Sam.
    SamWelkerTV
    SamWelkerTV
    Film Student
    Film Student

Need Volunteers Empty OUTTA TOWN!

Post  SamWelkerTV Wed Nov 25 2009, 15:15

Going out of town and won't be back this weekend, Still writing. my co writer is having a hard time finding time. any ways I am going to try and write today before i leave if she has time. Next update should be before next tuesday... casting should be in december.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 07:01