D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

3 posters

Selling some stuff

Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Selling some stuff Empty Selling some stuff

Post  Brandon Freeman Thu Nov 05 2009, 12:06

EDIT: This gear is no longer available for sale. Thanks all!

Last edited by Brandon Freeman on Sun Nov 22 2009, 12:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gear is no longer available for sale)
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Selling some stuff Empty Re: Selling some stuff

Post  Brian Thu Nov 05 2009, 15:45

The buyer that is looking was hoping to spend less. But I dunno, maybe he will find the extra cash. Looks like it is in good shape.
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Thu Nov 05 2009, 15:46

I'm willing to sell just the camera for $2500.
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Thu Nov 05 2009, 15:50

Roger that. That may be what happens. We'll see, the potential buyer is Ilyo, he is a member here.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Fri Nov 06 2009, 16:00

Looks like a nice camera!!!
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Fri Nov 06 2009, 16:09

It is! I've shot a lot of great footage with it.

Like this:

http://vimeo.com/2935453

(Granted, this is with a 35mm adapter, but the colors are all the camera -- no color correction; the presets are amazing. I've found the perfect film look, as well. EDIT: Well, I might've used a bit of curve correction in the store -- I think it needed a little more contrast.)
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Sun Nov 08 2009, 09:49

So.... Brandon i think you should set up a meeting with one of our cast member's his name is Ilyo, I think he seriously may be interested... He's looking to get into film and he's got a lot of ambition!! Smile
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Sun Nov 08 2009, 11:53

Absolutely! Brian told me of Ilyo's possible interest, so I PM'd him yesterday to connect with him. I'd be happy to answer any questions! I would throw my 35mm adapter into the deal as well, but I've got another pal that's interested in buying it and has asked me to hold it for him, and because I'm more about friendships and working relationships than money, I will be.

But even without the 35mm, the Canon/FireStore combo is fantastic. Can't MAKE me go back to tape! Very Happy
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Tue Nov 10 2009, 17:20

UPDATE: My bud doesn't have the cash for the Letus 35mm adapter. I was wanting $700 for it by itself, and if I go to eBay I'll be looking for $4,000 for the whole package (including the Letus).

But, if anyone local wants to snag this, I'll throw in the Letus for free. So, for any Boise filmmakers interested, that's the XH-A1, the FireStore, and the Letus (and two cases, one for the camera, one for the Letus), for $3,500.

I'll be going to eBay on Monday if I don't hear anything. Thanks all! Smile
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Tue Nov 10 2009, 19:15

Hmm...starting to find out some less than stellar things about resolution and other things on the camera that I'm looking at jumping to...so that might change things... (me and my darned emotionally jumpy self...)

Full disclosure (for those who didn't know), I'm looking at the Canon 7D, which I've seen a lot of phenomenal footage and videos shot with already. Better bit rate than HDV (47 megabits per second vs. 25 megabits per second), better codec, and of course, selectable focus without the need for an adapter.

But it seems, as I'm scanning websites, it's not holding up terribly well on rez charts, though I'm not blind to the fact that this is much more of a wild card due to lens choices -- we're not talking a piece of fixed glass, here.

Also, as with all DSLR's that shoot video, I'm seeing some rather substantial "jello" in super fast motion. Not that I'd pan that fast normally, but...it does make me wonder.

All that said, I'm still interested in selling my gear, if anyone's looking, because I would like to step up to something that is less compressed and higher in sensor size, but depending on what I continue to observe as I investigate into the camera's "bad side" (as any responsible buyer should) -- I might just stockpile the money for now. Or just blow it all on a really, really nice set of lenses for the 7D.

Anyway...
    Brandon Freeman
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Brandon Freeman Fri Dec 11 2009, 14:28

Well, I ended up parting with my camera, but I'm still looking to sell my 35mm adapter and lenses. If anybody here is interested...

http://boise.craigslist.org/pho/1505879935.html

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 12:49