D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

Swashbuckler Films

SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Swashbuckler Films Empty Swashbuckler Films

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Mon Dec 07 2009, 10:19

Hey bad asses, this is Kip from Swashbuckler Films. I have like 5 short films in various stages of a "work in progress" type situation. I had been working on this, I guess experimental film, (what ever that is) called "Loves Me Not", and put it to the wayside to work on other projects. I am OCD and I hate starting and not finishing, so I am going back to finish it. The screenplay was written for convenience, it evolved from people I am around everyday, I figured if I have to look at these people everyday, I might as well put them in a short film for practice and kill two birds with.... what ever I could find to bludgeon them with:) Twisted Evil

The screenplay was designed so I could virtually make the short myself, cameraman, actor, writer, editor, score ect. Anyway, I may still need 2 actresses, one to play a teen mother of twins back in the 60's and the other to play a victim of a serial killer for the opening sequence. Both would have to get a little bloody and both would have CG done to them to make it look like they have had their eyes cut out.(awful huh?) If I don't find anyone soon, anyone interested post here and we can negotiate:) Peace Kip Cool
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Swashbuckler Films Empty Re: Swashbuckler Films

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Sat Dec 12 2009, 10:08

Hey, this is Kip Whitaker, I wanted to post that I found my actresses and they seem to be in agreement with the $ deal we reached so the roles have been filled for my short "Loves Me Not". Thanks for viewing my post I love you Later.........
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Wed Feb 03 2010, 06:01

Update.... Ya, I filmed the opening scene to this short "Loves Me Not". Lots of blood splattered and flower petals:) Having a little bit of probs keying out the blue screen effect, for some reason the actresses white shirt is being effected a bit. I'm having typical computer issues which are slowing me down (I am not a tech, most issues I figure out how to fix eventually but forget how I did it after awhile.)

The film is about half shot.... it looks ok. I have to bring it more to life in post. Take care....Kip Whitaker jocolor
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Wed Feb 10 2010, 07:59

I am filming 2 scenes today, both have babies in them. You know what they say about filming animals and kids:) My boy Ash was very good in his last scene though, he is 1 year old and he had to look like he was trying to play chess, he was really good:) I hope he does that good today:) Going to try to film in the morning also if I am not too busy with real life and procrastination.....Smile jocolor
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Thu Feb 11 2010, 08:50

I only got to film one scene. Ash was great once again (Surprisingly, he's kind of a bad boy alot of the time:) It wasn't easy, he was all over that chess board immediately, I shot what I could when he let me:) It got too dark for the other scene, I will do that later I guess. I am doing a couple of voice overs and post stuff today. I am running out of HD space so I have to edit as I go. I have 3 other external drives but my Premiere hates to pull vid from them, I need more RAM, I have a gig of RAM but it's never enough:) jocolor
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Tue Feb 16 2010, 07:30

I am still having problems keying out a blue screen effect. It won't tweak quite good enough. I am going to put 1 or 2 more filters on it and give it a surreal look to solve the problem without re shooting and lighting the scene and throwing blood all over the place. I don't want to re-shoot, I want to move on and get it done. It's not like the short is that important, they all are experimental at this point. I don't know who I am writing this shit for....probably just myself, but that's ok, I like reading about me;)
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Wed Feb 17 2010, 06:45

I spent 3 hours editing 2 scenes and they looked pretty cool.After I rendered them out one started freezing here and there. I just thought I was low on memory but something else happened. I have to capture one of them all over again, I hate wasted time.
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Thu Feb 18 2010, 07:28

I put the scene together again and it turned out ok this time and it seems pretty cool. Each scene was one continuous shot so I was just really playing with the sound FX and music. Also I had to lighten them up a bit and they got a little grainy in places, but it looks stylistic a bit (what the f*** am I talking about?) Unfortunately the scenes ran a little long making a planed 8-9 minute short to possibly 14-15. That's ok though, no one will probably see it anyway Shocked
    jocolor
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Mon Feb 22 2010, 08:34

I transferred an AVI of the blue screen effect I was working on onto my laptop. It looks like s*** on the laptop, the filters I used to make it look pretty cool on my desktop looks like crap on the laptop, terrible. Maybe I don't have enough resources, RAM and power to tweek it. I would scrap the scene but it's important to the plot. The girl will do it over but I am going to try a few other tricks, a re shoot will be last resort because I have 3 other shorts I want to do this year. I thought I had the first 4 scenes in the can, now I don't know what I have. jocolor

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 09:14