D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

3 posters

Journey from Zanskar advanced screening

AAgalsoff
    AAgalsoff

Journey from Zanskar advanced screening Empty Journey from Zanskar advanced screening

Post  AAgalsoff Mon Nov 30 2009, 19:06

A one-night-only benefit screening and Q&A with director Frederick Marx
    December 11th, 2009 @ 7 p.m.

The Water Cooler
    1401 W. Idaho Street
    Boise, ID 83702

Suggested tax-deductible donation: $25
    More is welcome and less is fine.
    Funds will go towards the completion of the film.
    Additional funds go to Zanskar Children and Schools.

Seating is Limited. Reserve your seat online at:
    www.warriorproductions.tv/DonatePage

Email: zanskarboise@gmail.com for more information

About Journey From Zanskar
    Featuring narration by Richard Gere and a guest appearance by The Dalai Lama, Journey From Zanskar begins in the remote Northern Indian area of Zanskar, one of the last places on earth where the Tibetan Buddhist way of life still endures as it has for over one thousand years. While the isolation of Zanskar has protected the area from outside influence, the traditional culture is rapidly fading away. Prompted by The Dalai Lama, two monks select seventeen of the poorest children from Zanskar to be educated so their cultural heritage will not be lost.
    This is the story of their arduous trek on foot and horseback in a race against time to reach a 17,500 ft Himalayan pass before winter snow. Journey From Zanskar captures the inspiring commitments, overwhelming challenges, difficult decisions, and heartwarming lessons learned along the way on this epic pursuit of a brighter future.
    “The world’s greatest myths are journeys, fantastic and heroic quests for adventure in distant lands,” says acclaimed director Frederick Marx. “I wanted to bring to light a true story where the heroes are children on the noble quest for an education, which will in turn save their culture. Little did I know, the rock slides, snow blindness, altitude sickness, and huge setbacks would made this journey more harrowing than any storybook adventure.”

Seating is limited and space can be reserved online by making a $25 donation and entering “Boise Event” at:
    http://www.warriorproductions.tv/DonatePage.asp

An exclusive five-minute trailer is available online at:
    http://www.warriorproductions.tv/JourneyFromZanskarTrailer.asp
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Journey from Zanskar advanced screening Empty Re: Journey from Zanskar advanced screening

Post  Brian Tue Dec 01 2009, 01:34

I'll be there but may have to leave early to go to the IMP party. But I'll bring as many people as I can.

Welcome to D-Lime Andrew! Feel free to post your events here. For those who do not know Andrew Agalsoff runs the Boise Cutters group on Facebook. Which is about Final Cut Pro the Mac Video Editing Software. There are a lot of D-Limers in your group I noticed.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Journey from Zanskar advanced screening Empty Re: Journey from Zanskar advanced screening

Post  FocusX Sat Dec 05 2009, 16:40

Wow! That really looks like a good story..... its so messed up they went that far, then had to backtrack all that way..... We, as american's really take things for granted. What would we do if we were faced with that kind of a challenge? When we finally make it back, and around the long way, then there's still a chance that everyone might not make it due to no food, or shelter.... being snowed in....

....scary....

wish i could go....

The band banquet for my girlfriend is on that day during that time.... unfortunate, cause i'd really like to go to check out more of it. Brian will have to tell me more of what its like... Smile
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Mon Dec 14 2009, 01:09

I Missed it because I suck at life. And didn't have the $50 bucks for me and my date and didn't want to show up empty handed. So yeah, I totally lose. I bet it was awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content