D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

4 posters

Salvador Dali

Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Salvador Dali Empty Salvador Dali

Post  Brian Tue Oct 20 2009, 00:56

Salvador Dali Salvador_dali-galatea_of_the_sphere

Dali to me has always inspired and expanded me visually. His creativity seems boundless. I feel better knowing that artists like Dali are out there showing us what they are capable of.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Salvador Dali Empty Re: Salvador Dali

Post  FocusX Tue Oct 20 2009, 18:20

Wow, that's badass man! Got any more?
    Dani P
    Dani P
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Dani P Wed Oct 21 2009, 08:44

I've always been a fan of Dali as well... Very Happy
    MaritDW

Salvador Dali Empty I used to disdain the boring realism, now a true convert!

Post  MaritDW Thu Nov 12 2009, 00:52

I loved modern and abstract art, as well as impressionist. Then, I went to Rome and saw a fabulous Monet exhibit. The next day, I saw the Sistine Chapel. I have never looked back. The creative stuff is fun and cool and I like it. I am inspired by the use of exaggeration to make a point. But, the sheer skill, beauty, technique and inspiration I felt there and then in the Uffizi in Florence converted me to realistic art. Can't explain it, but I now will choose a Michaelangelo or even a Wyeth over Warhol, any day.

I still appreciate the other stuff and teach it in my art studio, but for my painting, I aspire to do the realistic work with the kind of skill they showed me, the style that is true to myself, and a level of beauty and inspiration that I still just can't describe.

The rest is creative and fun, but it just doesn't have the depth to me anymore. Why did I have to go to Italy and ruin my love or all art??? I lived on a junk food diet and now I have to have gourmet with occasional McDonalds!!

just my thoughts! Not tryin' to offend.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Wed Nov 18 2009, 19:55

MaritDW wrote: Can't explain it, but I now will choose a Michaelangelo or even a Wyeth over Warhol, any day.

you should post some!!! tongue

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 07:46