D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

3 posters

SPF 2 Local Film Screening

Brian
    Brian
    Admin

SPF 2 Local Film Screening Empty SPF 2 Local Film Screening

Post  Brian Mon Oct 19 2009, 09:32

Date: Friday, October 30, 2009
    Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm

Come see local filmmakers showcase their work on BSU campus. I'll be there.

"Come watch local films with the makers themselves. This event is a potentially bi-monthly screening where you can come and see some of the unique art that is made in the local area, as well as learn how to get involved yourself. It’s a great way to get to know the film community around you.

The current playlist (may be subject to change):

Distance - By APT PUPIL FILMS

Overnight - By Dave Blandford

BATMAN: VARITAS (from the last Directors Challenge, during the smallpond days) - By Brandon Freeman

a small break

Lurkers - By Kip Whitaker

An $40K unfinshed behometh of a Sci-fi - By Angela Heffner

As for Parking concernes. The best place to park is in the Parking Garage on University Dr. and Lincoln. Be prepared to pay for parking there. You can pay with cash or card in the machines in the Parking Garage. They take Visa and MasterCard. Pay to the parking Garage Gods is considered the admission fee.

If you are having a hard time finding the communication building. Here is a link to a Campus map. Its between the Appleton Tennis Courts and Albertsons Library. The buildings front doors will be open for the event.

http://www.boisestate.edu/maps/

P.S. Food is allowed. We will not have concessions. But, it is a "dry" campus."
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

SPF 2 Local Film Screening Empty Re: SPF 2 Local Film Screening

Post  FocusX Mon Oct 19 2009, 16:51

Hhhhmmm... sounds fun, I'M DOWN!!! Smile Should be pretty interesting...
    Dani P
    Dani P
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Dani P Wed Oct 21 2009, 09:13

Sweet, I didn't even know that this was going on and I spend a lot of time on campus.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Sun Oct 25 2009, 06:59

Does it cost anything?
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Wed Oct 28 2009, 22:41

Not that I know of.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Fri Oct 30 2009, 21:39

I wish i could have gone.... gggrrrr..... Tell us how it went! sunny
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Fri Oct 30 2009, 22:42

It went great. Saw some great short films and got to ask questions from the filmmakers. Definately a cool evening with cool people. If you did not go, all I can say is you missed meeting some of the key people from the film scene in Idaho.

Met Larry Dennis in person which was very cool. He is an awesome fellow. He likes what we did for him on the site and plans to make his forum very active. cheers

Met Chaz Gentry. He also is a very pleasant fellow. His film was pretty good. The cinematography was awesome, the acting was great, the only minor thing I would have changed was the same thing I drill into you guys, which is the "why" we are making this. The film had no theme, statement, or purpose. It seemed more like a scene ripped from a feature then a short. My opinion. But were I to grade it I would give it a 95%.

Met Will Schmeckpeper. Who showed a pre-screen of his musical. Very funny and very worth seeing when it is finished. Will was the funniest if you ask me. He is a good non-speaking-man-in-his-underwear-running-frantically-away-from-a-murderer actor. Very funny guy. Very fun to hang out with.

Met Brandon Freeman. Who showed his 30 second film that stared Chaz. It was for one of the Director's Challenges that Will hold's on occasion to challenge the Director's.

Met Angela Heffner. Who showed us segments from a project of hers in 2006 that involved CG and was nearly a feature. She is also the Vice President of the Idaho Media Professionals. She is awesome.

Met David Blandford. Who made a short film with his family that turned out very well. He works with Brandon Freeman on his varioua projects.

A couple others that I will add in later when I get the info from Chaz.

Others that we there that I recognized were John Moore (member) Montana Bob and his wife Diana. So all in all a good evening.

So Zach why didn't you go?
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Sat Oct 31 2009, 08:58

I really REALLY wanted to... unfortunately... i didnt get out of there until 8:30! At that point, without a phone, or anyone's numbers, and no clue where the meeting was actually being held... i just went to meet up with danielle at her work to get her key's...... It was rather unfortunate that you showed up at just the moment that i took pretty much my only break that whole day in 12 1/2 hours....

I heard you came in, but alas... I found out after i got out of the bathroom.... gggrrrr....

I seriously wanna see some of the films if they are up somewhere though! bom
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Tue Nov 03 2009, 08:42

Dunno if they are up anywhere. Ask Chaz.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:27