D-Lime Productions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies, Photography, Music, Theatre, Dance, Art and Friends

4 posters

Dogged Casting

Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Dogged Casting Empty Dogged Casting

Post  Brian Sat Oct 17 2009, 18:19

Well, the turnout for the casting wasn't excessive but enought to keep us busy and not have to turn anyone away which was what we were hoping for.

Tapes for the auditions will be reviewed tomorrow night and the cast will be announced the following day.

Auditioning is not easy, it always takes a good deal of courage to lay one's skills and talents out for others to judge and we appreciate all who made the effort to come down to the Boy's and Girls Club and help us make this film.

Brian
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Dogged Casting Empty Re: Dogged Casting

Post  FocusX Sun Oct 18 2009, 15:41

I thought there might have been a few more that would come out too, however... I will say, I was definitely impressed by the people that DID come, and just wanted to say 'Thank You' for coming down! king
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Sun Oct 18 2009, 21:54

FocusX wrote:I thought there might have been a few more that would come out too, however... I will say, I was definitely impressed by the people that DID come, and just wanted to say 'Thank You' for coming down! king

And I was definately impressed when Zack finally turned off his phone. Mad
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Mon Oct 19 2009, 17:20

Wow.... ReAlLy??? I think it was dead the first 800 times you mentioned it.....

...that's cool..... Suspect
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Tue Oct 20 2009, 00:07

FocusX wrote:Wow.... ReAlLy??? I think it was dead the first 800 times you mentioned it.....

...that's cool..... Suspect

800? That means I only have 800 more times to remind you. Razz
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Tue Oct 20 2009, 00:28

Okay here is the much awaited casting announcement for "Dogged"

MALE ROLES

Kevin = Ilyo Tahuri, Ilyo was one of two that were finalist in the decision. Ilyo however nailed the final poetry read far better then anyone else. He also had a tremendous skill for picking up the breakdancing that is required for the role. Congratualtions ILYO!

Gabe = Carlos Tijerina, Carlos is a seasoned actor and it showed with his exceptional cold read. He was by far the best initial read and no one could come close to matching him for the role of Gabe. Good Job Carlos!

MC = Damien Fuller, Damien was the runner up for Kevin and would have gotten it if Ilyo took the day off. Damien however is a natural for the announcer at the comedy club.

FEMALE ROLES

Unfortunately the female roles in this short are lacking and I apologize for this. I definately need to write a short that can help showcase some of the female talent that auditioned.

Female Poet = Rebecca Salas, Rebecca had the best read of the ladies who auditioned. Although it was close, she not only seemed to have written the poetry she had the most natural poetic presence. Good Job Rebecca.

Girlfriend = Sara Gardiner, Sara was the runner up for the female poet. It truly was a tough choice, the Girlfriend role is far beneath Sara's ability however, I would like to find a better role that suits Sara. Hopefully she can help us write a part for her that can showcase her talents properly.

Honorable Mentions

Everyone who auditioned did well. Everyone who did audition is more then welcome to help with any production that we make here at D-Lime. No one is left out. It sucks having to pick only a few and turn down some great talent.

Lauryn Pithey may not be acting in this production but everyone felt she would be great for one of the roles in "Time
    After Time."

Luke, Lee, Sesar and Dave all had good talent but had some tremendous competition for these roles. I urge them to not let this get them down. They put forth a valiant effort. They are very encouraged to show up for the next audition which they will be informed of the minute we know when it is.

We will be posting some of the video from the audition of those who were casted here in this thread soon so everyone can see. Zack was the videographer and although he has never had any professional training he didn't do horrible. He only cropped a few heads. Embarassed

But definately worth checking back to see.

Thank You all for auditioning! It means a lot to take the time and energy and devote it to an art form that many do not have the chance to pursue.

We at D-Lime hold all our auditioners in very high regards. For this we salute you.
    Becca
    Becca
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Becca Tue Oct 20 2009, 12:13

I can't wait to get a copy of the script!
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Tue Oct 20 2009, 12:16

Becca wrote:I can't wait to get a copy of the script!

I'll send you a copy tonight.
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Tue Oct 20 2009, 17:58

Ya know, it was definitely a tough decision. More actors than there was role's... Crying or Very sad

Now despite all of this, I STRONGLY recommend those of you that did not make the cut, still stay active here in the forums! pirat I completely agree with Brian in trying to keep everyone in on the group, and welcome anyone that may be interested in future projects/ or even just helping in the future. We understand how much guts it takes to get in front of random strangers and give it your all....and I appreciate every one of your efforts! I'm glad you all came out because now, hopefully, we can network a bit more... and find something for everyone here!

So like i said before, feel free to post wherever you want. Suggestions/Idea's/and Enthusiasm to help is ALWAYS welcome!!! cheers

Thanks again guys, I deeply appreciate it! If any of you need anything, feel free to pm me, or just post right here in the forums! Smile
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Fri Dec 25 2009, 07:28

So, what's the latest on your project "Dogged"?
    Brian
    Brian
    Admin

Post  Brian Sun Jan 03 2010, 15:26

SwashbucklerFilms wrote:So, what's the latest on your project "Dogged"?

We are on hold due to the lead actor breaking his foot. Mainly due to the scene in which he has to break dance. We will most likely take it back up within the next few weeks.
    SwashbucklerFilms
    SwashbucklerFilms
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  SwashbucklerFilms Sun Jan 03 2010, 15:45

That's a bummer man. It's ironic that someone would break their foot before a break dance, but typical of trying to make a film, s**t like that happens:) Good luck to you, your cast and crew. Peace
    FocusX
    FocusX
    Admin

Post  FocusX Sun Jan 03 2010, 23:42

Yea, that sucks... but we'll get more coming up for the short film.... we need a cinematographer!!!!
    Becca
    Becca
    Film Student
    Film Student

Post  Becca Thu Jan 21 2010, 09:48

So.... any news?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 08:43